The Quaking of America Tour w/ Resmaa Menakem: JUNE 29, 2022
"Resmaa Menakem is one of our country's most gifted racial healers. His brilliant new book could not be more timely—a volume our country, our bodies, and our humanity desperately need."—Michael Eric Dyson, author of Entertaining Race and Long Time Coming
In The Quaking of America, therapist and trauma specialist Resmaa Menakem takes readers through somatic processes addressing the growing threat of white-supremacist political violence.
Through the coordinated repetition of lies, anti-democratic elements in American society are working to incite mass radicalization, widespread chaos, and a collective trauma response in tens of millions of American bodies.
Currently, most of us are utterly unprepared for this potential mayhem. This book can help prepare us—and possibly prevent further destruction. This preparation focuses not on strategy or politics, but on practices that can help us
- Build presence and discernment in our bodies
- Settle our bodies during the heat of conflict
- Maintain our safety, sanity, and stability in dangerous situations
- Heal our personal and collective racialized trauma
- Practice embodied social action
- Turn toward instead of on one another
- 16 yrs & Up Only
- TICKET IS REQUIRED TO GAIN ENTRY TO THIS EVENT
The Quaking of America is a unique and perfectly timed guide to help us navigate our widespread upheaval and build an antiracist culture.
About the Author
- Resmaa Menakem is a longtime Therapist a licensed Clinical Social Worker who specializes in healing of racialized trauma. He is also the founder of Cultural Somatic Institute , a cultural trauma navigator , Resmaa is best known as the Author of the New York Times Bestselling book My Grandmother's Hands. In addition, as the originator and key advocate of Somatic Abolitionism.
Click on photo you will be directed to Eventbrite to order your ticket for this event
- Additional tickets will be available today 6/7/22 at NOON