A young child learns that even superheroes hurt too in this heartrending story about loss and love, written by debut author Kevin Johnson and illustrated by #1 New York Times bestselling illustrator Kitt Thomas.
When a child loses the person in his life that he loves more than anything, he uses his cape as protection from his grief. On the day of the funeral, he uses it to block out the pictures and stories people share, refusing to acknowledge the memories that keep bubbling up. He won't think about them. He doesn't want to.
- School Library Journal 04/01/2023 pg. 121 (EAN 9781250840509, Hardcover)
- Kirkus Reviews 04/15/2023 (EAN 9781250840509, Hardcover) - *Starred Review
- Publishers Weekly 05/01/2023 (EAN 9781250840509, Hardcover)
- Bulletin of Ctr for Child Bks 06/01/2023 (EAN 9781250840509, Hardcover) - *Starred Review
- Horn Book Magazine 07/01/2023 pg. 93 (EAN 9781250840509, Hardcover)