Looking for the perfect day hike in the Portland and Seattle regions? This guidebook of the Pacific Northwest provides avid hikers with full-color photographs and maps, detailed information on every trail's elevation, distance, difficulty, and duration, and specifics of the route with the author Don Scarmuzzi's own personal tips.
Day Hikes in the Pacific Northwest covers from the South Cascades in Washington through Oregon, including the North Coastal Range, all the way to the Wallows in the northeast part of the state. The guidebook includes colorful pictures, detailed maps, concise directions with road conditions to each trailhead, and information on parking passes required, and whether there is a restroom at the trail head. For each hike, Scarmuzzi describes the mileage, compass directions, landmarks, and suggested routes for loops.
Day Hikes in the Pacific Northwest includes hikes from:
- Mount St. Helens-Indian Heaven Wilderness-Gifford Pinchot National Forest
- Mount Adams-Goat Rocks Wilderness
- Mount Hood-Salmon Huckleberry Wilderness
- Mount Jefferson-Opal Creek-Bull of the Woods Wilderness
- Three Sisters Wilderness and South
- Oregon Northern Coastal Range
- Eastern Oregon-Wallowas
Find more Pacific Northwest trails in Don Scarmuzzi's other books, Day Hikes in the Columbia River Gorgeand Day Hikes in Washington State.